Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day Two - What you wore today.

Day Two - What I wore today.

Good soaking rain all day today.

I woke up to find that it had been raining during the night and when I left for the Seat of Knowledge, there was a soft spray of rain falling.

I met Lady Lynne and Kaz for coffee at our usual meeting place.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Lady Lynne isn't ALWAYS a lady and that Kaz has a teensy touch of 'evil' within :o)

In my eyes, that just makes them even more special.

During our morning tea, many, many locals stopped to chat.  It was difficult to finish any one conversation, because we were constantly interrupted.

Of course, I'm not going to complain about that, because 'local chat' is one of my favourite pastimes!

The hot topic of 'local chat' is the wonderful rain.

Afterwards, when I was waiting for the rain to ease, I met a holiday maker named Shirley.  She, apparently, comes to our town every year for holidays and this year is here with two of her grand daughters.

She is from Maleny and we stood and chatted for about twenty minutes.  Very nice lady.

I then pedalled home in the rain, because it didn't look like it was going to ease at all.  By the time I arrived home, it was even heavier.  By the time I got inside and sat down on my couch, it was even heavier!

We received two inches of rain in the twenty four hours up to 3 pm.

Great for the locals.  Not so great for the holiday makers.

While I was out, Adoring Husband had pulled the Christmas tree, decorations and lights from the shed, so that when the rain stops, we can  make some Christmas magic around the house.

This afternoon I created four bracelets to fill one of the Christmas orders.

So it's been quite a productive day.

Tomorrow, I am going to visit Buster's Mum and hopefully use her as a model for our next photography challenge.

The theme this month is 'Window' and I hope to capture Buster's Mum's reflection in a window.  Not sure how I'm going to manage that yet, but I'm working on it!

I feel myself turning into a pumpkin because it's after midnight.  I need to get some sleep so that my body can heal the crick in my neck.  Extra healing power would be wonderful.

Nite all

No comments: