Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dinner is Served

Adoring Husband cooked Pad Thai for dinner tonight, with prawns.  De-bloody-licious!!

I'm not sure what inspired him to create this gastronomic masterpiece, but I'm so glad that he did!  I think we'll put it on the 'regular meals' list :D

I had a morning of bird encounters down by the river, so I didn't get any shots for my 104 challenge, nor did I take any for the February photo a day challenge .. instead I used one that a visitor to my town took of me in 2009.

The brief for today's February shot was 'Where you Work'.

Since I don't really work, I used a shot of me doing what I do every day..


This is me, about 50 metres from the Seat of Knowledge, at the beginning of my morning ride.

I, yet again, missed a shot of a Kite diving for a feed in the river this morning, but got plenty of other birds in my travels.

Breakfast is served ... for the diving Tern.
The Blue Faced Honey Eater - this one has a green face, which means it's a juvenile.
A boring old Noisy Miner - but I really like the shot, so it stays.
Adoring Husband and I went to the movies today and saw 'This Means War'.  It was silly, but we enjoyed it anyway.  Reece Witherspoon starred in it and I think she grows more beautiful as she grows older.  She has the most amazing eyes.

Nothing else much of interest today.  I spoke to Best Cousin in the World on the phone when she rang to talk about Uncle Ron.  It was nice to catch up with her, even though the initial news was sad.

More rain about town.  No storms.  No sunset.  De-bloody-licious dinner :D

Nite all.

No comments: