Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Busy Morning

It all started when I slept in this morning!  I hate that.

I was really hoping to be up early enough to wash, dry and straighten my hair before going out this morning because I was having morning tea with the girls.  I thought it would be nice to look presentable for a change, instead of looking like I'd just completed a ten kilometre ride.

Alas, it was not to be and I only had time for a quick shower before walking out the door forty five minutes later than usual.

I got my coffee and then spent a short time with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge.

Rumour has it that there was a croc sighting along the beach at the other end of town a couple of days ago.

Highly unlikely, but I wasn't able to walk along the beach due to the unusually high tide this morning, so I didn't have the opportunity go searching for it myself.  There are a lot of large tree branches, logs and driftwood along the beach at the moment, so it would be easy to mistake one of them for a croc.

To catch up on my challenge photos.  February photo a day ...
20. Handwriting (Mum's entry in my autograph book - again)
21.  A favourite photo of me (A wedding pic)
... and the 104 challenge ...

Hummingbird - Photo 48 of 104
A Newborn Baby - Photo 49 of 104
After morning tea, where I caught up with some of the lovely girls, I pedalled around to see the Blonde Bombshell and my Adopted Sister.

No champagne today and I actually arrived home just in time to share Adoring Husband's lunch with him.

I will, however, be making a return visit later in the week.  The Blonde Bombshell will be going back home on Sunday, so I will visit with her one more time before then.

We had a spectacular light show when a massive storm hit this evening.

I took my camera and tripod out the front of the house to watch the storm approaching ... hoping to capture some lightning shots, but after about thirty minutes and at least 100 unsuccessful shots, I began to fear for my life and scuttled inside.

There was sheet lightning, spider lightning, forked lightning and cloud to ground lightning.  Like I said ... spectacular.

No shots from me tonight :(

Tomorrow, Adoring Husband and I are going to the movies.  We still have four movie passes left (Christmas gifts) and they expire early March, so we must use them in the next couple of weeks.

We'll be seeing 'This Means War'.

So now I'm off to bed.  At least the storm has cooled the temperature down, so sleep should be easier than the last couple of nights.

Nite all.

No comments: