Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Golfing Champions!

Ok, so maybe we are golfing champions in our own heads .. but that's the most important place for it to be!

April last year, was the last time I played golf and that was with Adoring Husband down on the Sunshine Coast.

Today, on the first tee, we hit the ball so damned sweetly!!  It was a joy to behold!!  It felt so good and even the walking, which I was concerned about because I've gained weight and done no other physical activity besides riding my trike every morning, was not a problem in the slightest.

We were blessed with perfect golfing weather.  There was a deliciously cool breeze blowing and the air temperature was conducive to aiding the control of my menopausal, usually 'out of control', body temperature.

Our games were so good that the two men in front of us on golf buggies, who were putting on the first green as we tee'd off, were still only two holes ahead of us by the time we reached the seventh tee!

How very satisfying it was :D

I haven't been out on my trike today and all of my photos have been taken inside, which is fine because there are a few on my 104 challenge list that are definitely 'inside' shots.

Denim and Lace - Photo 51 of 104
A Combination of 3 Textures - Photo 52 of 104
... and two from my February photo a day challenge as well.

23. My Shoes
24.  My Bathroom Cabinet
We are up to 296 photos posted on the facebook group wall for the 104 challenge now.  Really, out of the 36 people in the group, there are only half a dozen who are regularly posting photos, so 296 is a great effort!

Adoring Husband is spending the day in the vegetable garden today.

I should have taken a 'before' and 'after' shot!  Actually, my 'hopelessness' shot is a great 'before' shot ... here is the 'before' and 'after' shots of one of the vegetable gardens ...

Before ...
After!
He has performed miracles in the garden and all that fresh air and exercise has done wonders for his demeanour.

A load of fresh soil and compost, a few vegetable seeds/seedlings, some mulch and all will be well in our garden world again :D

Looking forward to some time with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet tomorrow.  Saturdays have become my favourite day of the week :D

Normally, I would sign off with 'Nite all', but it's only mid afternoon as I write this today!

Let's go with ...

Have a lovely evening all.

No comments: