Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Surprise! Surprise!

Today, I received an email from myself!

Last year, while I was in New Zealand, Vegan Chickie introduced me to this website http://www.futureme.org/

You can send yourself an email into the future - you can have it sent to you in a week, a year, 5 years or 10 years, or even longer I imagine.

It was quite a surprise because I had forgotten all about it!

So after I read it, I wrote another one to myself to be delivered in another year.

We/I have so much happening this year.  Just off the top of my head ...

  • Adoring Husband has a week in Sydney next month to help celebrate two milestone birthdays - his mother's 95th and a friend's 50th.
  • I have a road trip with BGWLBH in April for approx 3 weeks.
  • We have another grandchild due to be born in April.
  • Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour should be coming up for a week in May or June.
  • MUST finish the photography degree by June.
  • Vegan Chickie + fam may be moving away, around this time.
  • Aussie H turns 70 in July.
  • Final month preparations for the exhibit.
  • The photography exhibit is in September.
  • Planning a holiday in Tasmania in November-ish.
In a year, I'll know the outcome of everything on my list.  So my letter to myself mentions these events and what I hope to have achieved.  I know I will forget all about it again and there will be another surprise next February for me!!

One more photo for my February photo a day challenge ...

19. Something I hate to do.
Two photos for the 104 challenge, because I can't decide which one I prefer.

Hovering Dragonflies - Photo 47 of 104

I don't 'love' either of them, but I've given up trying to clearly capture a dragonfly hovering!  Too frustrating!!

The days are so warm lately, that it's too hot to be riding around town after about 9am.  I'm thinking that if I go to bed a couple of hours earlier, then I can get out for my photography ride BEFORE I get my coffee and go to the Seat of Knowledge.

Then I can come straight home before the day starts to heat up.

It's quite difficult to kick yourself out of an entrenched habit though and my brain has difficulty shutting down so early in the night.

However, tonight is the night!  It's now 10pm, which is more than one hour earlier than I usually head for bed.

I am wishing you a good night and surprise surprise, making an attempt to change my entrenched habit.

Nite all.

No comments: