Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Warm and Fuzzy

I am sitting in my lounge room watching 'The Wedding Singer'.

Adoring Husband and I had a song from this movie playing while we signed the registry at our wedding.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.


Silly but lovely.

I had a lovely Chicklet day today and she gave me my first fridge painting!!  It's very exciting!!

A Painting by Chicklet
It's just as special as I expected it to be :D and it looks perfect on the front of our fridge!

We played horsey rides today and we read a book and we chatted.  She's just the most adorable little thing, but I tell you that every week.  Should have taken the camera out and got some photos, but the usual story - me mesmerised again **rolls eyes**

I have one photo for each of my challenges.  No 18 for February Photo a Day ...

No. 18 - Drink
... and A Sunset - Photo 45 of 104


I really like the silhouettes of the birds flying in this one.

Nothing else for today.  Short and sweet, warm and fuzzy.

Nite all.

No comments: