Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

30 Ways to Boost Your Creativity

30 Ways to Boost Your Creativity
  1. Do more of what makes you happy.
  2. Clean up your workspace - put away clutter.
  3. Surround yourself with creative people.
  4. Don't try to be someone else.
  5. Listen to new music.
  6. Get away from the computer.
  7. Make an inspiration board.
  8. Make a colour palette and use it in your work.
  9. Study shapes and forms.
  10. Go somewhere new to shoot.
  11. Break the rules.
  12. Break your own pattern.  Try something new.
  13. Make an honest self portrait.
  14. Admire the colour palette of butterfly wings.
  15. Go for a local photo walk.
  16. Shoot through something.
  17. Study people and their emotions.
  18. Be open to meet new people.
  19. Take breaks - be still.
  20. Move in close on your subject.
  21. Simplify something, to the point of abstraction.
  22. Share a story from an unusual perspective.
  23. Take a road trip and document it with your camera.
  24. Watch short films.
  25. Allow yourself to make mistakes.
  26. Shoot how you feel.
  27. Share tips and ideas - give back.
  28. Make a scrapbook.
  29. Practice daily.
  30. Spoil yourself - have fun
************

Today's count - 249 photos posted in the facebook 104 challenge group.

Wind - Photo 35 of 104
Hopelessness - Photo 36 of 104
The hopelessness of a veggie garden overrun with weeds!

Monument - Photo 37 of 104
My monument to recycling.  This water feature is made of all recycled materials, including an old plough disc.
Once again, I didn't get out and about with my camera today, so I resorted to back yard photography.  

Tomorrow is Chicklet's birthday, so expect birthday photos!  Got some decorations and balloons and hats and gifts and a pool because it's going to be hot again.  I'm looking forward to a nice family lunch and sharing her special day.

I'd best get some sleep so that I have the energy to enjoy the day!

Nite all.    

No comments: