Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Chicklet!

My little sweetie Possum turned one year old today!

We had a family birthday lunch here.

Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef made a cupcake stack for Chicklet's birthday and brought that with them today.  It was supposed to have three different types of cakes, including vegan, but the vegan mix that they got tasted yuk, so luckily I was able to get some soy milk from our local supermarket and I whipped up some vegan cupcakes this morning so that the Bare-chested Chef could have some cake too :D


It had little duckies and bubbles and hearts on the frosting.  There were lemon cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes and chocolate vegan cupcakes!  Delicious!  Which reminds me, there is still one waiting for me in the kitchen!

In between preparations for lunch, I stopped every twenty minutes to blow up a few balloons.  There were supposed to be 100, but my time ran out.  I think I blew up about twenty five.  They kept Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef AND Chicklet amused for ages!


You can never have too many balloons!



Or birthday presents!



... and then there are the birthday hats and whistles.



... and a new baby pool to splash in!



You can also never have too many Mum and Dad cuddles!

What an absolute joy it was to spend her first birthday with her.  I was so worried that they would move away before the day arrived, but luckily for me, they will be here for a little while longer now.

That means I can soak up some more Chicklet joy for a few more months.

Tomorrow is another day and I have a big Valentines Day planned for me.

I do know that we are going into The Bay for breakfast and then to the movies to see 'The Vow'.  After that we come home for a little while and I have to be 'dressed up' and ready to leave at 4pm for a surprise Valentine outing.

So, you will have to wait in suspense, just like me!  I will let you know tomorrow.

In the meantime, today, a fabulous birthday was had by all.  Now I need to rest up for another big day.

Nite all.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Happy 1st Birthday Juniper!!!

<3 Tennille & Anna

Age said...

Thank you Tennille & Anna ... I passed your message on :D