Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Day of R&R

Well, after the big birthday bash and the big valentine adventure, I needed today to rest and relax.

Who'd have thought that two days of fun and frivolity could wear a person out like that?!

I didn't even have the energy or the motivation for my morning ride with the camera - unheard of!

I do have some photos from my 104 challenge, that have had to wait on the back burner for a couple of days, while birthdays and valentines took priority.

A Seascape - Photo 41 of 104
An Island - Photo 42 of 104
A Platypus - Photo 43 of 104
We are up to 263 photos on the group 104 challenge page.

Catching you up with my February Photo a Day challenge ...

11. Makes me happy
12. Inside my closet
You've already seen 13. Blue and 14. Heart

15. A Phone
16. Something new (my beautiful roses from Adoring Husband)
All of these photos are beginning to addle my brain!!  I'm trying very hard to keep up and to encourage the people in the facebook group and I'm absolutely enjoying every second of it :D

I've already started a new list.  Considering that I began this 404 day challenge three weeks ago, and I've already completed almost half of it, I think I should be prepared for the next challenge.

A couple of people in the facebook group have asked if there will be a new list.  They have implied that they are so motivated and excited by the challenge that the thought of it ending is too sad.

It's great that so many of them are now carrying their cameras everywhere with them along with a copy of the list, 'just in case' they find something in their day-to-day travels that they can photograph.

That gives me a real buzz.

I hope that tomorrow morning, I will have regained enough energy to go scootin' round town on my trike and take some good shots.

Nite all.

No comments: