Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Not a single shot fired!

Can you believe it?  I didn't even take my camera out of the backpack today.

It was Chicklet day today :D

I caught the bus into town and it wasn't Rocket Rod driving the bus.  It was the same driver that put me on the wrong bus to Maryborough a few weeks ago!  I didn't say anything to him about it though.

He was the exact opposite of Rocket Rod and drove at about 40kph all the way into town.

He only had to pick up one person along the way.  He got all the green lights and didn't even have to wait at the roundabouts.  He had the best run into town imaginable and he STILL couldn't get me there in time for the early connection!  Ugh!

So I walked to McCafe to get a coffee and by the time I returned to the bus depot, a different connection was there to take me to my destination.

The driver was very happy and friendly and as he picked passengers up along the way, he knew all but one lady's name.  He even told us all a recipe for a chocolate ripple cake!  Unfortunately, my memory isn't that good!

I arrived at Chicklet's house earlier than if I'd made the early connection!  So now I know which is my preferred connection.

Chicklet was very talkative today.

Apparently, she has not been sleeping well at all for the last week and has been waking up shouting.  She has been a little grumpy ... Vegan Chickie found three new teeth today, including two near the back!!  No wonder she has been out of sorts!  Poor little possum.

Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef took Chicklet to the park today after I left.

Feeling the love :D





How cute are those little checked trousers?!  These photos are brought to you by Vegan Chickie :D

That's all for today.  It was a good day - especially because I got my Chicklet 'fix'.  Can't wait for Monday when they come here for her birthday lunch :D

So, not a single shot fired and surprisingly, no withdrawals or noticeable pain!

Nite all.

No comments: