Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bragging Rights

Tonight I am going to brag about my brother and his talent as a photographer.

Years ago, long before I ever showed a real interest in photography, I remember seeing some of my brother's photographs and I was super impressed.

We rarely see each other.  In fact, I would guess that in the last thirty years, we would have come face to face perhaps a dozen times.

Aside from our childhood years, the longest we have spent in close proximity, would be when he spent a few months in Griffith, where I lived for 22 years.

Our lives have gone in very different directions

One year when I spent a holiday with my mother in QLD, she took me to visit my brother and that's when I first saw some of his photographs.  I clearly remember there being some 'WOW' moments, but he never took his photography further.  It was just his own private hobby.

So now, years later, thanks to modern technology and social networking, we are in regular contact through facebook, email and texts.

He is in my facebook 104 challenge group and tonight has been posting some of his older work that I just wanted to share.







He no longer has the DSLR camera that he used for these shots and now has to use his phone to take photos, which is a real shame because he is living in Cooktown and that area has so much beauty to capture, if only he had a decent camera!

Anyway, it's been fantastic to see his stuff and I hope he has some more to share in the coming weeks.

Vegan Chickie emailed me this gorgeous photo of Chicklet today.

How cute is this??!!
Tomorrow, I will share a little video of Chicklet walking with the aid of a toy with wheels.

I don't have any of my own photos to share tonight.  I forgot to change the battery in my camera, so I went out with a flat battery.  I also left the house without my mobile phone AND I again forgot to take the photos that we printed out for everyone!

It was a very forgetful morning!

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to brag - about my brother AND my lovely Chicklet :D

Nite all.      

No comments: