Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

My day in photos.

Number One son's very good friend Macca, is doing a February photo challenge, which lists 29 things to photograph for the month of February.  Today was the first that I noticed, so she is already up to number six on the list.

She is posting the photos in facebook and I commented this evening that the challenge looked like fun and that I might do it after I finish my current challenge.  She suggested that I do it now - because, after all, it IS February now.

So I agreed!  Now I have two challenges!


This one shouldn't be too difficult, besides, I do my best work under pressure!  I'll have to do a couple each day til I catch up!

No 1 for February Photo a Day Challenge

My View Today
No 2 for February Photo a Day Challenge


I popped in on Coral and Bill this morning and got some nice shots of Bill's flowering pride and joy.

Bill is very proud of his flowers
I got two photos from my other challenge this morning.

A friend turned up at the Seat of Knowledge on his little motorcycle - more of a scooter than a bike but  still ...
A Biker and his Bike - Photo 26 of 104
... so I requested that he pose for my challenge photo.

I almost rode right into this one ...


... the sun was in just the right place for the web to catch the light.

Adoring Husband and I are going to the movies tomorrow to see 'The Descendants' (finally) and we have some other business to attend to in town as well.

So that's my day in photos!

No comments: