Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Dad Gone

An on-line photography friend, who I have met up with a couple of times just recently, lost her Dad tonight.  These past few weeks have been a waiting game for her and her family, but he clung to life for much longer than anyone had anticipated.  He had been sick for a long time and had fought a hard battle, but lost the fight tonight.

I know it will be a relief for them to have him suffering no more, and be finally at peace.

My thoughts are with you.  Warmest hugs to you all.

*********

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that its those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness.  That is a friend who cares" --Henri Nouwen--

*********

Adoring Husband and I finally got to see the movie 'The Descendants' today.  It was a GOOD movie.  A little morbid and sad.  A little inwardly uplifting.  Surprisingly insightful about relationships.  The acting was great and I loved George Clooney in this role.  

It was set in Hawaii and used a lot of Hawaiian music, which I really enjoyed too.

I didn't know anything about the movie before I saw it, so I had no expectations and no pre-conceived ideas.  It really made me think and wonder what I would do in the same situation.

I recommend it.  It doesn't matter if you see it on the big screen or wait for the dvd, but it's definitely worth watching.

I didn't get any photos today for my 104 challenge.  I did, however, catch up on the February challenge ... 
Ok I cheated by taking this from an earlier challenge - desperate situations call for desperate measures!
To me, this man is more 'strange' than 'a stranger' lol - we don't know each other by name but nod hello occasionally.
I was in the car going to the movies at 10am
Adoring Husband made a delicious Lime, chilli and garlic marinade and then flattened the chicken - DELICIOUS!
This would have suited my Dad so well!
Tomorrow, I will have to make up for the 104 challenge.  The group now has 179 photos posted and 33 members.

Gosh I can't believe that it's already after midnight!

Nite all

No comments: