Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 10, 2012

An Unusually Productive Day

Not a lot of photo opportunities today.

I did my usual thing and got coffee before going to the Seat of Knowledge for an hour or so.

The talk of the morning was about The Captain's (Yes, Arty Farty Friend, that would be your husband!) boat being almost dragged out to sea by the tidal current yesterday.  Much animated talk and gesticulating was had by all!

I then rode down to the park, where I met a new couple in town, and during the course of the conversation, discovered that they live five doors up the road from me!  We chatted for a while, until a couple of pelicans came flying in our direction, and took my attention.

Unfortunately, they flew too high to get a good shot, and though they circled a couple of times, and looked like they might land in front of us, they were just teasing and continued past the park until they disappeared behind the line of high trees.

I left the same way I came, and by the time I got back to the Seat of Knowledge, all the boys had left and the seat had been taken over by the old biker dudes who ride into town every Friday for morning tea.

Some of them sit outside the Bakery and their bikes are lined up all along the street.  I would estimate about 15 - 20 of them.  Another group of about 6, sit at the Seat of Knowledge.

I must take a photo of all the bikes parked in the street one Friday!

Three more photos for my February challenge, but they are not new photos, they are old shots revisited.

The Sun
Front Door
Self Portrait
Adoring Husband used my brand new camera to take this shot of me last year.

As I said at the beginning, not a lot of opportunities today.  I took my little folding stool and sat in the bushes waiting for the birds, but none turned up.  Maybe they did and I just didn't see them!

Oh!  I just remembered!  I did get a photo for my 104 challenge...


I actually love the colour of this house, but I am very partial to the colour purple :D

I found this beautiful cactus flower along the river.



There were about 40 flowers, but they were all drooping or dead, except for this one!  It's not a great photo, but it gives you a good idea.

So I came home earlier than usual and did some washing.   I then decided to give all three psychotic dogs a hair cut, nail clipping and a bath.  That took me over two hours, but they look and smell so good now!

I also cooked a nice lunch today, but after that, I did my usual thing and parked my butt on the couch and focussed on the few photos that I took today.  For me, comparatively speaking, I had a very productive day which wasn't all about the camera!

We are up to 219 photos on the facebook group.

Well, I'm having my Chicklet visit tomorrow, so it's my bed time.  She will be one year old on Monday!  Here is the video that I promised, of her walking ...


Everybody has to start somewhere!  Such a cutie :D

Nite all

No comments: