Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lunch in Paradise

Happy Birthday to Dad W, who turned 72 today but sadly had to spend the day in hospital.  Still, he was in good spirits and his health is rapidly improving so he could be home in a couple of days.

After we left the hospital, we drove out to the other side of town to a beautiful home that belonged to Sandra, a lovely woman who provided the most delicious and healthful lunch to seven of us who thoroughly enjoyed her very warm hospitality.

Her home was like a little patch of paradise on acreage.  Tall ghost gums among other tall trees that created the most beautiful miniature forest on her front lawn.  It was a haven for all sorts of singing birds, and the colours of Autumn were beginning to show themselves.

The welcoming driveway.
The front garden.
More of the front garden.
The splendour of Autumn.
Inside was warm and welcoming with her kids' old school pictures framed and hanging on the walls.  Her youngest is now 21 yrs old.

A kitchen that anyone would die for, with a giant island bench, masses of storage space, a huge walk-in pantry and top quality appliances including a commercial size gas stove and oven.

Lots of windows to look out into the beautiful garden and to allow all of that glorious filtered light inside.

A very wide verandah that wrapped three quarters of the way around the house that looked out over green lawns and down to a small dam that housed a mini jetty.  So serene and so pretty.

Ye old water tank.
Dam, complete with jetty (and fake aligator head)
The gang, including Trevor, the dog.
She served a dessert of chocolate meringue pavlova with assorted berries and cream, which we took outside to enjoy on the verandah.

Sandra was a brilliant hostess and then kindly allowed me to wander around the grounds with my camera to capture some of the beauty that surrounds her.

I had a lovely time and so far, today goes on my 'top ten' list for my holiday.

How nice it is to finish this post at a reasonable hour!

After a wonderful lunch in paradise, I also get an early night to catch up on some sleep ... what a lucky day for me :D

Nite all.

No comments: