Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sunrise/Sunset

I was woken by BGWLBH at the crack of dawn today.

The rains had passed from last night and clouds were parting and it was shaping up to be a wonderful sunrise.

So I literally dragged myself out of bed, changed out of my nice warm jammies, gathered my camera gear in the back pack and off we went in search of the perfect sunrise.

It took a while for the colour to appear, but in the end it was quite special, even if it was only briefly.




We got home about ten minutes before a small storm broke right above the house.  Lightning and thunder and very heavy rain for about five minutes, which produced this!

At the time, the rainbow did not appear to be in our back yard, but this photo shows clearly that it was!
Then a nice little farm related pic...


... and finally sunset.


We walked for a long time hoping for something more spectacular this afternoon.

It was tough going because there is a lot of slippery mud about after the rains and I spent more time skating on it that walking on it.

My body is feeling it tonight.   I must have used a lot of muscles, that I don't normally use, trying to stay upright!

I'm really hoping that tomorrow sees either a cloudless sky or is completely overcast, so that I can sleep in.

Not that I'm complaining!  I love a good sunrise probably more than the next person, and if it was up to me to get up on my own to photograph it, it probably wouldn't happen, so I need BGWLBH to get me moving at the right time of the day.

It means that I am extra tired tonight.  We played bingo today and BGWLBH won three prizes and I won nothing.  We'll try again next week :D

For now, I've completed the sunrise/sunset challenge that BGWLBH set for me and I am getting a reasonably early night to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: