Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So Frustrating!

I can't tell you how frustrating this evening has been, trying to get this blog post completed!!

I have had a real problem with the internet connection all day.  The signal has been fading in and out, dropping my connection for at least ten minutes at a time.  Tonight it has been two hours!

I'd get partly finished and the connection would drop.  Ten minutes later, I would regain connection and it would give me two minutes, then drop out again.  This went on for two hours.

Really, I should have given up and gone to bed - but this has now become part of my pre-sleep ritual and I don't think I could sleep soundly, knowing that I had left it not done!

For the first time in almost a week, I was preparing to climb into bed at the more reasonable hour of 10.30 pm so that I could get a solid night of sleep.

My final task for the night was to update this blog.

Oh the cursing that was had!!

I guess that's the price that residents of rural Australia have to pay!  Poor internet service.

Anyway my story for today goes a bit like this ...

So much to do that it's overwhelming!


So ... we've made a plan.  Created a time-line.  (Adoring Husband, before you get excited, the time-line is only for packing and cleaning.  It does not include when we will leave for our road trip!)

Made a 'to do' list, selected our preferred rooms and jobs and chosen the days to complete them.

Today was kitchen day.

We cleaned out the pantry and all the cupboards, packed what we could, until we ran out of storage containers and boxes and re-lined the shelves.

BGWLBH drove into town to run some important errands and while she was there, got some cleaning products for the oven and some gloves, so that we can tackle that tomorrow morning.

Small steps.  We can do it!

This afternoon on sunset, we went for a walk on the farm and the golden colours of the sunset on the horizon were quite beautiful, so I took a shot through those lovely grasses.


There was a hawk way off in the distance searching for food, but he was just that little bit too far away to capture through the lens.  So disappointing.

Tomorrow will be a big day.  We are going to the movies in the morning.  We then have a lunch date with some teachers and then we'll be visiting BGWLBH's Dad for his birthday.  Unfortunately, he will be spending it in hospital.

So finally, despite my good intentions, after such a frustrating evening, I am now off to bed - at the usual 'stupid' o'clock!!

Nite all.

No comments: