Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Mother Nature Rocks!

We drove out to the lake this afternoon, hoping for another good sunset.

Mother Nature answered our request.

Firstly we went lakeside, and to the sound of deer mating - yes you heard correctly (there was a male with great big antlers, snorting and grunting while chasing a little white deer around the enclosure), we took out our cameras and snapped away.




As the colour began to fade on the lake, we could see up the hill to the West, where the sun was disappearing, the colour was more intense, so we drove to the top of the rise and this is what I found...


A funny thing happened before we got to the lake.

We were driving along a dirt road behind the lake when I noticed this in a tree alongside the road!  Last thing I expected to see!


So today was filled with some shopping in the morning, some cleaning and repairing this afternoon and then we looked at the outside of a couple of rental houses that have come available.

Even though BGWLBH has a house to move to, she is going to look at these houses anyway, just in case.

Anyway, tomorrow night is my birthday dinner, so I'm having an early night tonight, just in case tomorrow turns into a big one - I doubt it since we are all older and less inclined to party, but ... just in case ... I don't want to be the party pooper ... being the birthday girl and all!

Nite all.

No comments: