Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Dramatic Turn of Events

My best friend is suffering.  My macbook is struggling to stay alive.  Gasping for every breath and I am feeling it's pain.

I feel like I've lost a limb!

I can't cope, knowing that it could breathe it's last breath at any moment!

This will be a very short post because I can't rely on my computer to stay alive or stay on line for any length of time.

I set my alarm for 5am and drove with The Nikonian to the beach, hopeful of a beautiful sunrise.  It failed to eventuate but we got some pretty shots while we were there anyway.

Later in the morning we went for a drive with her and ended up back at Montville where we ate a delicious lunch at 'Poets' restaurant.  If you are going there ... I highly recommend it!

We did a little shopping and came home only to discover that my computer was sick.

This afternoon we went for a walk because BGWLBH was excited about the sunset and the birds that were flitting about in the bushes.  Another failure.

However, we took some shots of BGWLBH modelling in the bushes, and we are yet to look at those, so tomorrow morning could bring with it, a pleasant surprise, with some possible good shots in there.

The Nikonian and The Brain made us a delicious dinner tonight and we had a very pleasant meal with wine, good conversation and some good laughs.

They are a wonderful couple who provide the warmest hospitality (and I'm not just saying that because The Nokonian will be reading my blog from now on!) and have made us feel so welcome in their home.

It's been a lovely relaxing end to our Rock Star Road Trip and I truly hope that one day soon, we can return the favour.

Tomorrow we are off to Eumundi Markets early in the morning and then we'll be heading home.

I will probably use Adoring Husband's laptop to update my blog until my baby gets repaired.

Tomorrow night I will be sleeping in my own bed after almost six weeks.  I'm looking forward to that.

After such a dramatic turn of events today, I need to sleep (a couple of glasses of wine with dinner may have contributed to my sleepiness as well)

Nite all.




No comments: