Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home at Last

It truly has been the greatest Rock Star Road Trip EVER!

It is also truly wonderful to be home :)

After farewelling The Nikonian this morning, we headed north and then took a detour to Eumundi for the markets.

We arrived nice and early, before the big crowds arrived, so we had a nice easy stroll through the stalls for the first two hours, but by 10am, the carpark was full and the crowds were so thick that it was difficult to move from one stall to another.

There is so much to see and the variety of stalls are too numerous to mention.

We had a lovely time and I bought some cute little pants and some overalls for Chicklet, as well as some nice tops for myself.

I was under orders from Adoring Husband to buy another timber bird house.  Our fist bird house, which was a feature in our front garden, got eaten by white ants, so this time we'll treat the new one to prevent that from happening again.

It was very lucky, because the man who makes them has been incapacitated for over 3 months and hasn't been able to attend the markets for that period of time.  He has diabetes and an ulcerated foot had him hospitalised for a while (I know somebody who reads this blog who has the same problem!).

Today, the man wasn't back yet, but his wife was manning the stall and it was her first week back - so lucky for us!

I also bought myself the most adorable bag made of colourful rags with a braided rag shoulder strap - it's thick and lush and better than Joseph's technicolour dream coat!  I would show you a photo, but my computer is out of action, so this blog will be 'photo-less' for a week or so, until the Dr can tend to it.

BGWLBH had a great time too and bought some lovely stuff, but soon her back was causing her some discomfort and I was ready to head home, so we decided to grab a take-away coffee, load all of our goods into the car and follow our noses in a northerly direction.

It's only two and a half hours to my house, but crikey it was a LONG two and a half hours!  We were exhausted and just wanted to STOP.  BGWLBH just wanted to start her relaxing holiday and I just wanted to see Adoring Husband.

I didn't tell Adoring Husband that we had left Eumundi and all he knew was that we would be home before dark. 

As we drove into town at 3pm, I sent him a text which read "You knew we were coming, so did you bake a cake?  Turn on the kettle and open the garage door because HI HONEY, WE'RE HOME!"

He was very excited, as were Psychotic Dogs, who took quite a bit of time to settle down.  They were almost doing back flips for about ten minutes!

We gathered all of our goods from the car and then I spent 2 hours unpacking everything!!  Now, you can't even tell that I have been anywhere (except for the load of washing in the machine and the other load waiting to be washed)!

Adoring Husband cooked us a delicious dinner of gluten free chicken snitzel and salad and now we are relaxing and watching the footy on telly, while BGWLBH has set herself up in the bedroom with some dvds and her knitting.

**sigh** it's nice to be home.  It's nice to be with Adoring Husband and I'm looking forward to seeing my boys at the 'Seat of Knowledge' tomorrow morning.

Home Sweet Home at Last :o)

No comments: