Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stoopid Computers

Oh the frustration of it all.

I think that Adoring Husband's negative force field around technology is wearing off onto me!

This computer has a mind of it's own and the touch pad is so sensitive, that I find myself looking at pages and sites that, as far as I was aware, I did NOT request.

It takes longer to switch/toggle to the different pages that I have open and it processes everything a lot slower.

My Mac does everything instantly (well ... not at the moment ... but when it's well, it does!) 

The print is tiny and so is the cursor, so I spend half of my time trying to see where the cursor is.

Ok, now that the whinge is over ... thank you Adoring Husband for giving me the use of your computer ... at least I can visit my friends on facebook and keep my blog up-to-date.

I was even able to edit a couple of photos and post them today.  So all is not lost.



BGWLBH is feeling a bit run down today, so tomorrow I'm going to make big batch of chicken soup and I hope it will be enough to help pep her up.

We were going to visit Vegan Chickie and family tomorrow too, but she is sick, so I have to wait a little while longer before I can visit my precious little Chicklet.

At least I can send my Mac to the Dr and hope beyond all hope that she can be fixed quickly and efficiently.

I saw my boys this morning, down at the Seat of Knowledge.  They were very excited to see me, as I was to see them.

The river greeted me with a beautiful high tide of clean blue water and the morning was absolutely perfect.  Not a cloud in the sky and so many birds singing, I almost joined them!  The turtles were cruising on the tidal flow and lots of people were out in their boats.

 The caravan parks are beginning to fill with people.  The people who travel here from interstate to spend Winter in our town, because it's the best place in Australia for Winter!

It's good to be home and Adoring Husband is spoiling us with delicious cooking for lunch and dinner.

So, apart from the stoopid computers ... it's still good to be home :D

Nite all.

No comments: