Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

QUEENSLANDER!!

Yes, it's that time of year again :D  State of Origin football.

Seven years ago tonight, my Mum passed away at the end of the first State of Origin game.

I thought of her tonight, as I do every year at this time.  It's like a heavy wave of darkness that engulfs me, so that I struggle to keep my emotions under control, ever so briefly, and then the moment passes.

I'm a Queensland supporter and we've won the series for six years running.  Tonight, we won the first game of this year's series (best of three).

Adoring Husband (NSW supporter) and I caught the courtesy bus to the pub and watched the game on the big screen with some friends tonight.

There was a rowdy crowd there and for a change, there were mostly QLD supporters there.  Usually, the NSW supporters outnumber the QLD supporters, two to one.

It's great to be a Queenslander!

I picked up my beloved computer today and thank goodness it was a simple problem that could be repaired quickly and now all is right with my world again!

Tomorrow, I hope to go through all of my holiday photos ... well probably not ALL of them, but a LOT of them!

I was going to try to go to indoor bowls for the first time in 3 months tomorrow, but I think I might wait til next week and give myself all of tomorrow to catch up on work that I've missed while the computer was getting repaired.

So, before I head off to bed, I would like to wish my friend 'Woman of Many Talents' a very happy birthday.  I'm looking forward to the birthday lunch on Friday and catching up ... it's been so long!
I hope that you've had a great day today!

I apologise for my brevity, but I'm all footballed out and the sugar high that I was on from the three cans of lemonade that I drank tonight, has now well and truly dipped.  I need sleeeeeeeeeeep.

I promise photos tomorrow ... oh, here is one that I worked on earlier ...

Nite all.

No comments: