Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chicklet Heaven

Before Chicklet arrived today, I took my camera outside to where we would be eating and placed it beside my table setting, so that I would remember to take photos.

You know, I always become so involved with her, that I forget to take photos and I always kick myself for it afterwards.

It has been six weeks since I saw her and I REALLY wanted to get a nice current photo to post here and share with all of you.

Can you believe that I completely lost focus on everything around me, except Chicklet.

Not a single photo was taken.

She has grown up so much while I was away and she has so many words in her vocabulary now.  A regular little chatter box.

We played for a long time together and she sat in the chair for ages playing with the little stuffed animals that BGWLBH had brought for her.

We went for a walk in the garden and talked to the chooks.

She toddled through the pebbles along the back fence and then tried to eat some of them.

She pointed to the birds and the frog garden ornaments, making the appropriate noises to match.

She named the Psychotic Dogs.

She pointed to the fish on the walls and said 'fish'.

She knows most of the animals and their sounds.

She likes to have long conversations with words strung together that nobody can understand ... but she speaks so confidently, like we ALL know what she is talking about!

She is always checking out of the corner of her eye, to make sure that Mama and Papa are still close by.

She says 'help' if she needs help.

She's just adorable and I can't get enough of her!

It was a wonderful afternoon for me.  I have no idea how everyone else felt, because I was focussed on my baby. 

After the family went home, BGWLBH and I went for a walk down to the river hoping to capture a sunset OR the impending storm, but both fizzled out. 

The dark clouds filled the sky so that no pretty sunset light showed through them and then built up beautifully, but fizzled to provide just a light shower just after dark.

I got a couple of photos down at the beach.


... and I played with a couple of photos from the last few days since we arrived home ...



We had a light dinner of chicken and vegetable soup that I made yesterday and everybody, including Psychotic Dogs, are in bed sleeping peacefully.  No snoring coming through the walls tonight!

No word on my computer yet.  Nerdy computer man said to wait 24 hours and that he would contact me ... I will now give him til lunch time tomorrow and then I will be on his case big time!

I need my computer back!!  If I can't have my computer back, then I need to get a new computer NOW!!

Ugh ... the frustration of it all!

So after a day of Chicklet heaven, it's time for me to sleep so that I can be prepared for the computer onslaught tomorrow. 

Nite all.

No comments: