Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trivia Champion

I started the day quite late in the morning and didn't even leave home til after 7.30am.

BGWLBH walked with me while I rode the trike, firstly to the bakery for coffee and then to the Seat of Knowledge, where only two of the boys were waiting.

We spent an enjoyable hour with them and after we parted company, we made our way along the river path and then directly home.

BGWLBH and Adoring Husband cleaned their cars in the driveway and I desperately tried to firstly 'tweezer' the prickles out of the passenger side floor mat and then vacuum til the vacuum cleaner stopped due to over heating!

It was about the second week in, when we went on our first drive to catch a sunset in Griffith, and I stepped on a blanket of prickles which I then 'unknowingly' wiped on the floor mat of the car.

Instead of attempting to clean the mat immediately, I have spent the last 6 weeks rubbing them deeper into the threads of the carpet.

IMPOSSIBLE to completely clean even with both tweezers and a vacuum cleaner!

It is, at least, now passable - by BGWLBH's standards anyway.

I have spent the rest of the day going through my holiday photos and posting some to facebook.  None of today's photos are worthy of going to flickr, but here are a few that I shared in facebook.







Tonight the three of us played Trivia from the 1990s.

Surprisingly, I won!

No doubt we will play a few more times while BGWLBH is here and I rather imagine that she will thrash me ... although I must say that Adoring Husband has some pretty scary trivial stuff stuck in that brain of his too.

Actually, when I think about it, it was a fairly even game.  Even if it's only briefly, I am still going to boast that I am the current trivia champion in this house!

Tonight, I'm keeping 'The Rev' in my thoughts and hoping that he is strong enough to get through this health scare.

Grannymus, I know you must be doing it tough during this worrying time, but I'm sure you have enough love and support around you to help you manage.

My love goes out to you both.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, we probably will be in the air early next
week. The Rev in a helicopter
ambulance to St Vincent's he is
fantasising that they will have a
bungi cord at the bottom of the
helicopter to which he will be
attached and they will lower him
on to the hospital helipad. Dream
on my love if it helps. grannymusxxwastepho