Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mountain Beauty

The Craft Queen gave us directions for leaving Toowoomba via the back roads and through some beautiful mountain roads and countryside.

I sent her a text about an hour into the journey thanking her, because the drive was just glorious.

We took a leisurely drive through the mountains and even pulled over when other drivers came up behind us, so that we could continue to drive at a leisurely pace.  It was all too beautiful to rush.

There were lots of yellow signs along the road, with pictures of koalas indicating that they were about, but we didn't see ANY.  How disappointing!

We stopped at a couple of lookouts and got some shots of the mountain views, but I will have to share them tomorrow.

We had lunch at Mary Cairncross Park today, which overlooks the Glasshouse Mountains.  When we first arrived, there was a fire near the mountains, and by the time we had finished lunch, the view was completely obscured by the dark smoke hanging in the sky.


Lunch was enjoyable and we then cruised on to Montville, where we spent some time and money - but not too much.

We went to visit my photography tutor, The Master, and he said some nice things about my photography, which boosted my ego no end.  I discovered tonight that after I left, he posted on facebook, that the 'Queen of Photography' had honoured him with a visit!

After we left Montville, we tried to find our way to Ms Nikonian's house, where I had been only once before.  Google maps is a wonderful thing ... to a point.

We got lost.

Ms Nikonian had sent me a text and said 'ring me if you need me' then promptly put her phone down in her bedroom and walked outside!

Six missed phone calls later!  We pulled into her driveway and found her there with her partner, The Brain, having a wine!

"Where's your bloody phone?" I asked "You said to phone you if I needed you!!"

"Oh" she laughed "It's inside and I am outside.  Sorry about that!"

She and The Brain welcomed us warmly and we spent the afternoon and evening chatting at the dining table and then they served us home made pumpkin soup with fresh breadstick for dinner.  It was delicious!

They are lovely people.

BGWLBH and I are now housed in separate bedrooms for the next two nights and are looking forward to a quiet rest day tomorrow.

Wilbur Herbert has been quiet today.



We are looking forward to going to the Eumundi Markets on Saturday morning before heading off on the final leg of the trip home.

It's almost midnight and I'm hoping to wake up early enough to go on a sunrise photo shoot with The Nikonian in the morning, so ....

Nite all.



 

No comments: