Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tennis Golf Fishing

I got all excited when I remembered that the French Open Tennis Grand Slam had already started and that Lleyton Hewitt would be playing tonight.

So I'm all set up on the couch.  Everybody has gone to bed.  I change the channel to FOX Sports 3HD which has the tennis 'live'.  I'm expecting to see Lleyton's game, but instead I see Li Na (from China) thrashing her opponent.

I hear them announce that Djokovic will be playing next.  I am concerned by this because I really want to see Lleyton play, so I look up my 'Tennis Live' app and discover, to my dismay, that Lleyton is mid game with Kavcic and is losing.  **sad face**

So I continue watching the live tennis and check my app an hour later, to discover that Lleyton has lost his match **sigh**

I'm trying really hard to keep my enthusiasm and energy levels up for an 'all nighter' but it's already after midnight and I feel so tired that I could actually fall asleep MID BLOG!

I played golf this morning with Woman of Many Talents.  It was a bit chilly to begin with, but compared to our usual 6.30am start, this morning we tried for 8am and that meant the real chill had left the air by the time we hit our first ball.

By the fourth hole, we were patting each other on the back and forming a little 'mutual admiration society' because we were playing so well!

Of course, the very second that we do that ... our games turn to poop!  I even lost two balls today!  Ugh!

There were a lot of people playing today and they were all playing just as badly as us, so it didn't matter.

I returned home to find that BGWLBH had cleaned my silver teapot up all shiny and new!  I bought the teapot from the Caringbah markets a couple of years ago for about $3.  Definitely a bargain - it certainly hadn't been cleaned or polished prior to me buying it.

BGWLBH also cleaned a whole lot more of my jewellery - I will post a photo tomorrow.

We are going fishing tomorrow afternoon.  The tide comes in around 2.30pm, so we'll go to the ramp and fish the changing tide.

Of course, the camera will accompany us!

I really have to go to sleep now - I really am physically having a lot of trouble keeping my eyes open as I type!

Tomorrow will bring fishing adventures and photos!

Nite all.


No comments: