Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Quite Full On

We left early this morning and drove into The Bay to have breakfast at Aquavue, which is a lovely little cafe right on the water front.

Unfortunately, the weather was quite chilly this morning, so being outside and on the water front was not quite as alluring as it usually is!

Breakfast was delicious though :)

We had a little visit with the Chicklet family ...


She is quite a bit more grown up now!

We did some shopping and BGWLBH and I bought a stack of wool and giant knitting needles to create something wonderful ... which reminds me ... I must take a photo of the beautiful shawl that she knitted me, and which I put to good use today.

We arrived home a bit later than expected, so I was late for my party date at Mrs Bucket's house.

It was a fun two hours and I'm booked to play golf with Woman of Many Talents on Monday morning at 8am, which I am looking forward to very much.

By the time I arrived home from the party, the clouds were looking pretty spectacular and again, with high hopes of a spectacular sunset, BGWLBH and I walked down to the river.

Not long after we got there, Adoring Husband pulled up in the car park with his camera gear too and we set our tripods and cameras up on the riverbank and waited.

It was worth the wait ...





Home made pizzas for dinner, a couple of games of football on telly, the movie 'The Green Mile' and now I'm ready to climb into my warm bed and start snoring.

The day has been pretty full on and tomorrow will be photo challenge day, but that's about all on the agenda at this stage.

Nite all.

No comments: