Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crikey it's cold.  Even I am feeling it.

I've got my warm slippers on, but my toes are cold AND I am wearing a jacket.

I don't think I'll stay up much longer watching the tennis - I have some warm flannelette sheets calling my name and an Adoring Husband upon whom I can place my cold feet until they become toasty warm again :)

Spring is on the way though - the birdlife is proof of that.  My first Tawny for the season ...


and the Bee Eaters have arrived in town ...


This morning at the Seat of Knowledge, Gentleman Jim asked me if I had ever seen flocks of Ibis in flight, because apparently, they fly in a V formation. I couldn't recall ever seeing flocks of Ibis in flight - only one or two together at a time.

An hour later, I was pedalling down the street, when I looked up, and what do you think I saw?


What a co-incidence!  Even though, when I first looked up, these Ibis were in a perfect V formation, they were not a very organised flock, because they changed from a V, to a straight line, to a scrambled mess, to this and all sorts of other formations.

I will tell Gentleman Jim what I think of his theories tomorrow morning.

Such a busy week ahead.

Tomorrow is Aussie H's actual birthday and there is a morning tea in her honour.

In the afternoon, we will be tidying up a few loose ends and getting the rooms organised for my cousin 'Uncuz' and her family, who arrive on Wednesday.

Wednesday night is the final State of Origin game and we will all head to the pub for that.

Thursday will be lunch in The Bay with Uncuz + family and Vegan Chickie + family.

Friday could be a nice rest day at home... and by 'home', I mean pedalling around town with my camera 'looking', as I do.

Saturday is the Big Bash for Aussie H's 70th birthday, so I will help decorate in the morning and set up a spot for photos to be taken.  I will do lots of candid shots too, but a spot for people who want a photo with Aussie H or groups who want a shot taken together would be nice.

So tonight, I will watch the end of the Roger Federer match (maybe) and then climb into my warm bed.  Maybe I will climb into bed right now lol.

Nite all.

No comments: