Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

QUEENSLANDER!!

Oh how I love State of Origin!  Oh how I love it when Queensland win!  Oh how wonderful is it, to win seven series' in a row!!  What a high!

Uncuz arrived this afternoon with her family.  What a pleasure and a joy it is to have her here.  She is so great, as is her family.  I'm so pleased that I offered our place for their accommodation for this Touch Football carnival!

We all went to the pub tonight for dinner and to watch the State of Origin decider.  It was a good night.

So this is just a quick post because it's already after midnight and I'm cold and tired and ready for bed already.

On my ride this morning, I found the little Grey Fantail again, but only took 4 shots before my camera battery went dead!

I usually have the spare in my bag ready to swap, but unfortunately, the spare was at home still in the charger!

Bugger!

I'll try again over the next few days.

Anyway, enough for now.  Photos tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: