Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seven

SEVEN - the number of times that Queensland have won State of Origin series in a row.  SEVEN - the number of Bee Eaters that I found on a power line this morning.


After my usual morning ritual - we convoyed into The Bay to check out the grounds where the Touch Footy Carnival is being held, starting tomorrow, and then we met Vegan Chickie and Chicklet for lunch.
SEVEN people at the table :D
It was a short, but sweet, visit. Sadly, Chicklet didn't want any cuddles today, but that's ok, there will be other days for cuddles.

We left there, bought ice creams, and went for a walk along the pier. It was cold, mostly due to the strong wind blowing, and the further out we got, the stronger the wind got. Luckily for us, the kids decided to race each other to the end of the pier and back to us, so we were able to turn around and head back to the relatively calmer air.

I got some nice shots along the way.






Then we raced back home in time to watch the sunset from the park. Adoring Husband and I took some photos and Uncuz and I had a couple of wines. Uncuz met up with some friends who are staying at the caravan park in town, and who are also here for Touch Footy.

It was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon/evening.



I had put dinner in the oven before we left, so the lasagne and potato bake were ready and all I had to do was make a salad to go with it, which Adoring Husband helped me to prepare.

It was nice and easy.

I am exhausted. I hope to get SEVEN hours of sleep tonight, so that I can be gone by SEVEN tomorrow morning :o)

Yeah, I'm just being silly now.

Nite all.


No comments: