Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 6, 2012

So Touching

... and by touching, I mean Touch Football!

No wonder The Bay fought so hard to have this event stay in the town.  All of The Bay's and all of Maryborough's accommodation is completely booked out for this weekend.

There are even families (aside from my cousin who is staying with us) staying in our town for it!

179 teams, 2000 kids = 2500 - 3000 parents and coaches in town.

This is excellent for the town.

So far the weather has been good - windy and cold, but at least no rain.   Showers are forecast for tomorrow though, which could be a problem, because some of the grounds are already a bit sodden from last weekend's rain.

Fingers crossed.

So I got a few actions shots.



















We won't go tomorrow because we are helping Aussie H decorate the Club for her big birthday bash tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to the party. It should be a lot of fun!

In the meantime, I am really enjoying having Uncuz and the family here. Even though I am exhausted!! They are a close connection to my Mum and Dad and I feel really comfortable with them here.

Speaking of family ... Adoring Husband received a disc with photos of his new grand daughter today, so I will try to remember to share a couple of those with you tomorrow.

Right now, my head will be SO touching my pillow any minute :)

Nite all.

No comments: