Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Childers Festival of Cultures

Adoring Husband and I spent the morning in Childers at the Festival of Cultures.  It used to be called the Multicultural Festival.

Bigger and better this year, which was our fourth year in a row.  Hundreds of stalls and tens of thousands of people.  They actually block off the main street (which is also the highway) and line both sides of the street with stalls and rides and entertainment.

At various points down the street are different artists entertaining the crowds.  Country music with dancers performing rocknroll, rockabilly and line dancing,  Jamaican music,  Egyptian music with belly dancers, and then a much bigger stage down one of the side streets with a steady stream of bands and entertainment.

The Twine were performing again this year and they always draw a big crowd.  They were contestants on Australia's Got Talent in 2010, and they have a lot of energy on stage.  I even considered getting up for a dance ... and I am NOT a dancer!





After they finished, a quartet of young girls performed.  Beautiful voices and such talent with their instruments.  They have already won a major award (the Golden Fiddle) at Tamworth Country Music Festival and they were also contestants on the New Young Talent Time.

Warming up before the show
Despite how they appear in this photo, they were happy and high energy performers


The crowd was very appreciative.

 


... and I loved this piece of artwork



... I reckon I could create something like this myself ... I LOVE trees and I would love a big colourful tree to put on the wall above the bed.

We were home just after lunch, but we had a great time and I love that every year, after we get home, I immediately begin looking forward to next year.

Right now, I'm looking forward to bed.

Nite all.
 

No comments: