Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Distractions

We (Adoring Husband and myself) are organising a whale watching tour for our flickr group.

After we posted photos last year, a few members mentioned that they would like to attend a tour this year, so we've organised a good price and are just waiting on numbers now.

It will be on the Sunday before the exhibit, and I reckon I will need a distraction by then.  The combination of whales and my friendly flickr group will be just what the Dr ordered!

Aside from two more photos that I took today for the exhibit, I got a couple of bird shots on my morning ride.  The good old reliable lorikeet ...

and


the good old reliable kookaburra.

The Fairy Wrens eluded me this morning.  I spotted them a couple of times, but lost them just as quickly.  I think I need to get my glasses checked!

Unfortunately, it's still very wet in the national park ... like a swamp, so I won't be trekking through there in the near future.  It's so waterlogged, it will take an entire Summer of dry weather to dry the ground up.

This has been a welcome distraction from my exhibit photos and now it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: