Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Photo Overdose

The 70th birthday bash was celebrated last Saturday night.

By the end of the 70th birthday bash, I had taken 695 photos!

By the end of the first day after the 70th birthday bash, I had deleted 185 photos!

By the end of the fourth day after the 70th birthday bash (today), I had edited 380 photos!

There were approximately 100 guests at the bash, and each of them wanted a photo with the guest of honour either individually, or in groups.

There were family photos.  Individual photos as well as the family group.

There were photos of cake cutting and singing 'Happy Birthday' + other assorted celebratory songs.

There was the speech.

The Entertainer for the evening.

The gift table.

The group dances eg Nutbush - always being led by the birthday girl.

Couples dancing both the fast rock n roll type dances and the slow romantic dances.

Individuals doing silly things like dirty dancing or shoving pencils up their nose.

There are a LOT of memories among these photos.  A LOT of happy smiling faces.  A LOT of friends who wanted to share this special day.  A wonderful record showing Aussie H how well loved she is in this little town.

Even though the photos are my gift to her, I feel a huge responsibility to present this record of her celebration in the best way possible.

It's time consuming, to say the least, even though my editing is very basic and less time consuming than using photoshop, I'm surprised by how long it's taking.

Will I be finished by the weekend??

We will see.

If you are reading this Aussie H ... I am twenty years younger than you and I have no idea where you get your energy from, but I can't keep up with you!

The calm before the storm.
Could it be the Nutbush?
The best looking girls there.
Good thing you wore white - you are easy to spot in all the photos!
Now, I'm sure that I've hit photo overdose ... but it's back to the job for me :)

Nite all.

No comments: