Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Finals Fever

Heading towards 1am and I'm sitting here watching the Wimbledon final between Roger Federer and Andy Murray - hoping that they don't take it to five sets, because I will definitely miss the end of the match if they go that long.

Uncuz and her son JJ sat up til midnight to see some of the match.

I've had a pretty lazy day today, recovering from the 70th birthday bash last night.

I drank 5 glasses of wine!  That was over a 6 hour period, but my body is not accustomed to alcohol, so I got a bit tiddly, especially because I hadn't eaten lunch.

I felt a tiny bit hung over this morning - just a bit fuzzy - no pain or anything like that, but fuzzy and slower than usual.

A couple of photos from the party ...

Setting up the balloons
Me and Adoring Husband
The Entertainer
I have a LOT of photos to go through (500+) before I can give Aussie H her disc of photos, but I am pretty happy with the majority of them.

Considering I had a bit of trouble with the camera yesterday and for part of last night - how stressful was that!?  I was panicking that my job as photographer would be a big fat failure!  I even considered sending Adoring Husband home to get his camera for me to use.

But luckily it all came together and I have lots of photos to play with.

It was a really happy night.  Everybody had a good time.  Lots of laughter and dancing and singing and Aussie H was the star of the night.

She was an excellent hostess and made everyone welcome and comfortable.  She made her way around the room to chat with everyone and had her photo taken with all her different groups - her darts friends, her indoor bowls friends, her party friends, her family.

Adoring Husband and I were honoured to sit at her 'family' table.

A good time was had by all and when we left at 11pm, the only people left at the club were Aussie H and her family.

Enough of this frivolity.  I'm going back to the tennis.  I wonder how long I can stay awake - it's now almost 2am!

Nite all


No comments: