Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good news. Bad news.

I thought I only had 3 weeks left to complete nine modules of study, but the good news is , I actually have 7 weeks left to complete it!

My first thought?  It's 'DO-ABLE'.

Now for the bad news.

After only 4 hours, I AM OVER IT!

Only a male could write modules with so much mumbo jumbo and ridiculous jargon and with step by step instructions that make you fall flat on your face with every step that you take.

Even Adoring Husband got confused, and he's the 'brains' in this partnership!

(In case you are wondering ... I am the 'common sense' in the partnership ... OH!  And the beauty!)

So I've de-cluttered my work area and made a nice study space to work in.  Opened all the doors to let lots of air and light in.  This makes me happy to sit here and begin my studies.

Until I have to lug, into the back yard, my camera, tripod, grey scale, computer, stool, pen and paper.

I begin the step by step instructions and spend 30 minutes outside trying to figure out what is expected of me.

I now possess one new frown line upon my forehead.

I begin to whinge and wine and swear and then I throw my hands in the air and shout "I CAN'T DO IT!!"

Adoring Husband comes to the rescue.

Three hours later and I am still no further advanced than I was when I asked for his help.

He, however, is now ready to submit this module himself!!

Mentally drained.  Spent so much time helping him, that by the time I got to do it myself, the light had gone and now I have to wait until tomorrow to complete just the first part of the module.

Males!!  The bane of my existence!!

bane: n  the source of persistent annoyance or exasperation

Through facebook, I have discovered two other people completing the same course and both at the same point that I am at, so there is support there.

They, however, have a lot more time than me, so their pressure is not so intense.

One has offered to race me to the finish.  Might take him on.  We all know how competitive I am and that's the one thing that might make me get a 'wriggle on'!!



Nite all.

No comments: