Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 32 in a Year of my Life

We tried for another sunset tonight and the cloud formations were looking very promising.

Adoring Husband and I planned on heading out to Caloundra to try for the sunset and then possibly some 'night lights' shots for one of this months flickr challenges.

'The Other One' messaged me earlier in the day to say that she was leaving work early and asked if we had any plans for a sunset shoot.  So we invited her along.

The reason that we chose this particular spot, was because 'The Nikonian' had suggested it on Monday, when we were in the area, but we got side tracked and never made it to the boardwalk.

It's a great spot for photography with a nice winding timber boardwalk along the edge of the beach, great rock formations all along the beach area, beautiful surf with swimmers and surfers everywhere, kind of a mini city skyline and then the Glasshouse Mountains off in the distance, just where the sun sets.

As the sun got lower towards the horizon, the sky to the south appeared to be growing darker and darker, until we noticed that the very dark stormy clouds were banking up and getting closer to the sun.

About twenty minutes before the sun was due to set, the dark bank of cloud covered it and all hope of a pretty sunset were dashed.

The evidence seems to be pointing fairly and squarely towards 'The Other One'.

It seems that every time she joins anyone for a photo shoot, the rains come, the clouds close in, the birds disappear and the photoshoot is doomed to failure.

Her one saving grace tonight, was that the full moon was rising in the East, so as we gave up and turned away from the sunset, we were greeted with a bright ball of a moon rising through the trees.

She then took us for a walk along the boardwalk to where I could get a good shot of colourful night lights reflecting over the water.

So all is forgiven.  I am very happy with my shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8226030327/

However, the failing sunsets are becoming a regular occurrence, so I'm going to suggest some kind of natural healing process to clear away that negative energy.

An enema would cleanse the toxins, but that seems a bit harsh lol.

So I suggest that about 5 minutes before arriving at the shoot, she winds down her car windows and let the wind blow through the car and remove all bad energy before she parks the car.

The final step to creating harmony in a sunset is to do a little pirouette immediately after locking the car.

I'm afraid that if there is another failed shoot ... the title "Anti-EVERYTHING" will stick permanently!

We were all going to have dinner, but the cafe that 'The Other One' suggested was closed (yet another example!), so she headed home and Adoring Husband and I went off in search of dinner.

We found a great little place in Mooloolaba called 'Fish on Parkyn'.

http://fishonparkyn.com.au/

AH had a barbecued seafood dish and I had rolled pork belly.  Absolutely delicious!

Now it's after midnight and I am yawning uncontrollably while listening to AH snoring behind his bed curtains.

Today I am grateful for the glorious full moon that appears every month and that magical feeling as it slowly rises and makes it's way through the twinkling stars into the dark night sky.  It reminds me of my childhood and the nursery rhymes that my grandmother used to read to me at bed time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rqqzy/8226234299/in/photostream

Nite all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha...not gunna happen

Age said...

One little pirouette ... it's not too much to ask ;D