Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

To Quote 'Price is Right' ...

IT'S A NEWWWW CARRRRR!!!!!



... and here is my rant that I posted in facebook.  It doesn't even contain all of the facts or all of my complaints, but you get the idea.

WARNING - RANT BEGINS HERE

If you want to buy a new car, DON'T go through Fraser Coast Auto Centre in Hervey Bay.

The contract had 27th October as delivery date. Have been promised two different dates since then. Fourth promised date was yesterday. Caught the bus into town today and spent 7 hours waiting for them to finish adding everything. The guy guaranteed that it would be ready (because there is only one bus back home, so if we didn't take it, we would be stuck in town). Car wasn't ready and we took it anyway at 5pm.

They've put the wrong tow bar on it. Still no weather shields or roof rack or reversing camera, among other things.

I've lost count of the number of lies that the salesman has told. I've lost count of the number of phone calls that haven't been returned and the number of 'let me call you back in 5 minutes' calls that never eventuated.

The car still has to go back tomorrow to get everything else fitted (what do you reckon the chances are that we still don't get satisfaction?).

Our holiday was supposed to start today. pffft.

... BUT DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!

Thank you for listening :D



I've sent Suzuki a long detailed message via their facebook page, but I could only do it privately, not publicly.  Waiting for their response.

I don't generally like to use my blog as a soapbox.  This is usually my happy place!  But I announced that I would use all means at my fingertips to spread the word and that includes all social networking sites, blogs, emails etc etc etc.

End Rant

On a happier note, I met a lovely girl from Frankfurt today!

On an impulse, during my arduous wait for the car, I decided to have a pedicure.

In the seat beside mine, was a lovely girl who was visiting Australia, for the first time, from Frankfurt in Germany.

She has already been here for a month and has visited Sydney (disappointing for her) and Melbourne (a pleasant surprise for her) and she is heading to Cairns tonight on the bus and plans to go as far as Cape Tribulation.

I really enjoyed talking to her and she explained how 'quiet' Australia is with it's vast size and small population of 23 million people, compared to Germany, which is just a bit larger than Australia's state of Victoria, and has a population of 82 million!

That is a fact that's difficult to comprehend!

She talked about how lucky our country is.  The beautiful landscapes, the amazing food, the friendly, happy people, the wide open spaces, the healthy lifestyle, the great public transport system that takes us outside of metropolitan areas, our freedom and our work ethic.

So, today, I am grateful to be living in Australia, the lucky country.

Nite all.


No comments: