Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 164 in a Year of my Life

As Adoring Husband informs me ... I have been very slack lately with my blog!

I seem to leave it til late at night and then my brain doesn't function well enough to create anything worth reading.

I had such a great weekend, but it's too late (again) to write about it tonight.

I hope to work on my photos of Chicklet tomorrow, so I can tell you all about our day together while Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef had their own time together .. a rare occurrence!

In the meantime, a couple of other photos that I worked on today.

This lady was hard at work on the sidewalk beside the river on Friday.
I wasn't going to share this one because I'm not happy with it .. but I guess that if I make changes, then I'll share the finished product with you as well!
The house is coming along nicely.

We had our Foxtel rewired and the new satellite dish installed today.

We still need our new carpet laid and the air conditioning installed.

Once it's all finished, we get to go shopping to replace the contents that were destroyed in the disaster.  I'm not sure if that's going to be fun or not!  I'll get back to you on that.

Then the final touch will be the garden which has been sadly neglected with all the building going on.

It's now midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all

No comments: