Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 165 in a Year of my Life

The moment that you've all bee waiting for!!



Isn't she amazing?!

When I arrived on Saturday, I got to their gate (it's a gated resort) and I had sent a text to let them know I was there.

As I waited at the gate, I saw Vegan Chickie and Chicklet come around the corner.  I was watching Chicklet and as she looked up and saw me standing there, the biggest smile lit up her face.  It was such a beautiful welcome.

She's such a treasure and when Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef left for their day out on Sunday, she looked up and said "Bye my friends.  See you later."

She is such a joy to look after, because she communicates so well and she's happy and hungry to learn, so she is intrigued with every new word, every new song, every new action, every new dance.

It's a fun challenge to come up with something new that will capture her attention.

She started to miss her Mama and Dadu about half an hour before they arrived home, so we had a great day and two easter eggs kept her happy for that last half an hour.

Next week, Bubbles arrives from Sydney for a couple of weeks, so we will head down to spend time with the Chicklet family while she is here.  Can't wait!

Today I am grateful to be Bozzy Wozzy to Chicklet.  She will always make my heart sing.

Nite all.

No comments: