Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 194 in a Year of my Life

I ask myself this question .. Can I be any more relaxed?

I kept all the windows and blinds closed, because it was another cool, windy and wet day.

I spent the morning in my work space.

I talked on the phone with Chicklet and Vegan Chickie.

I made Pad Thai with chicken and prawns for lunch.

I watched 'Some Kind of Wonderful' and 'The Breakfast Club' on dvd.

I had leftover lunch for dinner.

I am wearing my Winter slippers!

I am going to bed.

I am grateful for the way my home (now that it is repaired),  feels like a pair of strong arms wrapped securely around me, and when I walk in the door, I feel a wave of warmth engulf me.

*contented sigh*

The answer to my first question is a resounding NO!


Nite all.

No comments: