Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 196 in a Year of my Life

We had a short sharp rain storm this afternoon just before sunset.

The sky had so much potential with some amazing clouds full of depth and the sunlight playing on them beautifully, until the crucial sunset moment ... then nothing ... the clouds closed in and the light disappeared and once again I was left feeling disappointed.


My consolation photo.

A funny moment the other day when I was sitting with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge.

This Noisy Mynah chick was learning to fly.  It had clumsily tumbled from it's nest to the ground under a tall tree nearby and then attempted to climb the tree, without much success.

Gentleman Jim attempted to pick the bird up to place it back in it's nest, but it panicked and flew straight under the shelter and landed straight on The Little Gnome's cap peak.


It climbed up his cap, left it's calling card and then flew off into the shrubbery.

Meanwhile, Gentleman Jim was being swooped by a number of adult Noisy Mynahs for getting too close to their baby!

A bit of a comedy really.  Thank goodness I had my camera handy!

Adoring Husband arrived home from his golfing week in Victoria, this afternoon.  He had a good time and appears to be pretty relaxed .. the Life Saver told me before they left that he hoped he could help Adoring Husband relax after such a horrible start to our year.  It appears to have worked :)

I am feeling pretty relaxed too :)

Today I am grateful for a week of relaxation for both of us.

Nite all.

No comments: