Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 191 in a Year of my Life

I spent a really pleasant morning in my friend's native garden today.

'Snow White' and 'The Woodsman' invited me for morning tea and afterwards, we wandered around and through the garden admiring the native plants, the orchids, the home grown vegetables and all the resident creepy crawlies and beautiful creatures within.

They are such a lovely couple and the atmosphere in their home and their garden is indicative of their happy and kind natures.



They have some lovely flowers almost ready to burst from their buds, so some time soon, I hope to get a phone call so that I can head back out there with my camera for some more shots.

Their family also includes two beautiful Golden Retriever bitches.  Such loving and friendly pooches who love nothing better than cuddles and pats from anyone who enters their front gate!  I could easily have brought them home with me.

So just as the heavens opened, I arrived home to the noisy greetings of our own psychotic dogs, who were very happy to see me return.

I spent the rest of the day inside my own head, which was also a pretty good place to be today!

Today I am grateful for new friendships that sometimes develop from unusual circumstances and with people you least expect.

Nite all.

No comments: