Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 190 in a Year of my Life

I almost sold my old trike today.

I haven't advertised it yet, but a man stopped and asked me about my new trike when I was at the park this morning, so when I told him that I had an old one to sell, he was very keen and took my phone number.

He and his wife came to the house this afternoon to look at it and although he was very keen - he wants it to transport his fishing gear to the river and likes the rod holders on the back, as well as the large basket - but his wife was not keen.

They both had a ride of the old trike as well as the new trike and she preferred the new trike.  I'm not sure why she gets to choose what he rides, however, they said they'd get back to me.

While they were looking at at, I was feeling a bit reluctant anyway.  It's my baby, and even though I have every intention of selling it, I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon!

So, I told them about the trike that's advertised on the notice board at our local shops.  $450 brand new.  They are going to follow that up, so I should get to keep my baby for a bit longer.

I met another man at the beach today.  He was with his friend Reggie...


Reggie is a 13 week old male Eclectus Parrot.  He is a beautiful bird, but if he was mine, I don't think I'd take him out on the beach, especially at low tide when all the Kites and Eagles are out hunting.  He would make a delicious meal for them if they swooped from behind and snatched him from the man's shoulder!

Notice how I got the parrot's name but not his owner's?

I have seen this Grey Heron out and about lately.  He was catching fish in the little streams left as the tide went out, but as I tried to sneak closer to get a good shot, he took off!


He flew high into the trees and annoyed the smaller birds.

So my mission tonight is to finish watching 'The Man from Snowy River' on dvd, so that I can return it to it's rightful owner tomorrow.  I borrowed it from one of my boys, a week before the tornado hit and then it got packed away with all of our belongings while the house got repaired.

He reminded me about it today.  Luckily we just unpacked all the dvds last week, so it was easy to find.

The movie is better than I remembered it.

Today, I am grateful for the sounds of silence.  No TV and no radio.  Just the silence that surrounds us at night when the residents all go inside and close their doors til morning.  Feeling the serenity.

Nite all.

No comments: