Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 205 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband and I pushed our marriage to it's limits today.

We put a decal on our bedroom wall.

Has anybody out there in my blog world EVER attempted to put a decal on a wall?

Who invented decals?

I certainly hope that they were punished severely.

The only thing that I can compare it to, is hanging wallpaper ... and I haven't done that for almost 40 years, so I imagine they've made great improvements in that time!

The other question I would like to ask, is why 'I' decided to buy a decal to put on 'our' wall!

Generally speaking, I think long and hard about these things before I make a decision .. in this case I made an impulse buy, and half way through the process of attaching it to the wall, I regretted that impulse buy, more than you can know.

It's taken a year for us to find the courage to take on the challenge!




I think I need a little red robin to perch on one of the branches and a bright yellow sun to put up in one corner.

What am I saying????  Somebody slap me!!

So now, with the new doona cover, pillow cases and the wall, our bedroom has become a forest!

When Adoring Husband went to bed tonight, I told him to check to see if bears really do &%$# in the woods.

Shame on me.

Today, I am grateful that the decal job is over and that another life lesson has been learned.  No more decals are allowed in this house. (I still have another one to put up yet - photos will come later)

Nite all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely do not think it was a stupid idea! Just a stupidcwaybthey made the decal! The bedroom looks great! And yes, I will hold it straight next time!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic!! Well done
both of you, and I think a
little red robin would be a
lovely finishing touch.
er sorry! grannymus

Trigga said...

What happens when you change your doona?

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Yes, I have a decal in the living room....put it up myself! It is not nearly as intricate as yours but I too wondered what the hell I was thinking when I bought it!