Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 209 in a Year of my Life

Soooooo tired.

I didn't get to bed til midnight and the alarm woke me at 4.10am.

At least this time, the train arrived on time and there was hardly anybody on it, so I had two seats to myself.

I kicked back and relaxed, dozing on and off between announcements.

The Nikonian was there at the station to pick me up, but first we headed to McCafe for a good hot coffee.

She took me to the most AMAZING organic market place and I've already advised Adoring Husband that we have to move down here and build a house right next door to the market place!

Full of healthy deliciousness and I had a lovely time buying some organic, gluten free products to enjoy while I'm here.

We came back to The Nikonian's place while she prepared dinner in the slow cooker - Osso Buco - more heavenly deliciousness!

I'm sorry to continue in the food vein, but then we drove to Maloolaba for lunch and shared two healthy tasty salads.

It was a beautiful day, and we ate overlooking the water, which was bluer than blue and glistening in the sunlight.

Of course, some shopping was to be had and I bought three lovely tops.

The Nikonian's daughter joined us for dinner tonight.  I haven't decided on a name for her yet.  It has to be the perfect name ... so for now she will be known as TN's daughter.

She was delightful, just like her Mum and we had a lot of fun over dinner and wine.

Now, I am utterly exhausted and ready for a good solid sleep.

So that was my day in a nutshell.

Having a wonderful time!  Wish you were here!  Please send money!  :D

Today I am grateful for my lovely friend who always makes me feel so welcome.  I am so looking forward to watching her do a newborn baby shoot tomorrow and then our night shoot tomorrow night with the flickr group.

Photos to share tomorrow, hopefully!

Nite all.  


No comments: