Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 210 in a Year of my Life

The Nikonian was generous enough to allow 'Boot Scoot' and I to share a newborn baby photo shoot with her this morning.

The young couple were family and they brought 14 day old Ayla to the house.  She was a little slice of heaven and it was so much fun taking the photos.




The Nikonian had all the props - blankets, shawls, backdrops, head bands, baskets and bowls.

I enjoyed the shoot so much more than I expected.  They were a beautiful loving family and little Ayla was a perfect subject who did just about everything we asked of her - and added a bit of extra dampness here and there just to challenge us!

A great experience!

Tonight, about 14 of us from the JPEG flickr group met at Lake Baroon to try some 'star trail' photography.  Alas the cloud cover kind of spoiled that idea, so we opted to do some other fun stuff with light ...


After all that silliness in the cold night air, we met at Montville for pizza, where I had the most delicious gluten free garlic pesto bread and a nice garden salad ... mustn't forget the wine too!

So it's been a long eventful day ... most satisfying on the photography front.

Today I am grateful for a great group of photography friends to share our love of cameras and all things photography related.

A good time was had by all.

Nite all.

No comments: