Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 211 in a Year of my Life

Started the day at stupid o'clock to catch a sunrise with the girls .. but yet another fizzer spoiled our photography morning!

We had a lovely breakfast at the coffee club before I was dropped off at Chicklet's place.

What a beautiful smile and much excitement when she saw me at her front door!  Talk about bringing joy to my heart!

We all then spent 3 hours at the Children's Festival ...

http://www.noosasteiner.qld.edu.au/announcements/childrens-festival

... and what a great day it was.

The weather was perfect.  The atmosphere was happy.  Live music.  Activities everywhere for the children.  Delicious, healthful food available.

Chicklet had a lovely time and here is the first photo to show it ...


I have lots of others to share, but the day has taken it's toll on this poor old body and I need to get some much needed sleep so that I have energy to keep up with Chicklet tomorrow!

I don't know what our plan will be tomorrow, but whatever happens, it will be fun, and you will hear about it.

Today I am grateful for the fun of being a grandparent and seeing that beautiful smile on her face when she sees me for the first time, and the quiet time on the couch when she rests her head on my arm for a moment, or touches my hand to make sure I'm still there or when she looks up at me and smiles and says "Hullo Bozzy Wozzy" with all the love in her voice.

*sigh*

Life is good ... tiring ... but oh so good :)

Nite all.


No comments: