Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 212 in a Year of my Life

My day was filled with Chicklet fun today.

Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef look like a pair of zombies as they recover from various illnesses and overwork, while Chicklet has become a little Tassie Devil in the unit.

Today, between about 6 repeats of Playschool's Dinosaur dvd (that may be a small exaggeration), I ran about 1,842 laps of the couch (that is NO exaggeration) while wearing an elephant mask, all the while chasing Chicklet, who was wearing a pig mask.

We also spent a good portion of the day, creating a friendship group on the couch for all of her animal toys.

Chicklet emerging from the toy area and holding a pig in outstretched arms "Hello! I'm a pig" (in a very deep pig-like voice)

Me "Hello pig.  Would you like join us on the couch?"

Chicklet  "I would LOVE to"

Me "Would you like to sit beside the duck?"

Chicklet  "No.  I want to sit on top of the dinosaur"

Me  "Ok" placing the stuffed pig on top of the stuffed dinosaur.

Chicklet (emerging again from the toy box) "Hello!  I'm a chicken!" (in a very high pitched chicken-like voice)

Me  "Hello chicken.  Would you like to join us on the couch?"

Chicklet  "I would LOVE to"

Me  "Would you like to sit in front of the pig?"

Chicklet  "No.  I would like to sit behind the duck!"

... and so this went on for every animal toy that she possesses.  I didn't count them but it would have to come close to 50!

We read a dozen books ... well, actually, we read the first 3 pages of 12 books.

We played many many games of 'this little piggy' as she squealed with delight.

We drew lots of pictures on the ipad mini with a colourful children's app.

Tomorrow we have another big day planned, while Mama and Dadoo spend some time together and have a nice day out.

Which means, I must get some sleep so that I have plenty of energy to keep up with her!

I'm seriously considering joining a gym, and going on a special energy lifting diet, just to get fit and strong enough to keep up with her!

Here are some more photos from the Children's Festival yesterday.

Hunting for gems with Dadoo
Making a clay rabbit
Playing the giant xylophone

Today I am grateful for every moment, even the energy draining moments with my little Chicklet.  I don't get to see her often enough, so I love every second ... even when it gets to the exhausting ones ... and I wish my head was able to absorb every single bit of it, so that I could replay it like a movie when I get back home.

Nite all.

No comments: