Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 213 in a Year of my Life

Life is all about negotiation ... especially with a two year old in the house!  And also out of the house!

When Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef took the afternoon off from hands-on parenting, I took Chicklet to the park.

After 3pm is a bad time of day at the park because it's full of hyperactive school kids trying to release pent up energy after the last couple of hours in a classroom.

The park is also surrounded by parents of said hyperactive children, creating discussion circles, and not paying one iota of attention to what their terrors are up to.

Dangerous territory for a two year old.

A couple of loud "You're NOT my friends!!" got it all sorted.

Chicklet attempted to befriend a pelican, which was a good foot taller than her.  Luckily the pelican was friendly, because Chicklet was quite put out when I attempted to lure her to safety.  She was almost touching the bird and repeating "Hello" over and over again, like she was expecting the bird to reply ...

... understandable really, because all of her animal toys at home say "Hello" back when she talks to them!  Let's hope she doesn't get that close to the lion or the alligator when she wants to say hello!

Anyway, we had lots of cuddles and playtime again today.  More treasured memories... even though my camera battery decided to go flat on the way to the park this afternoon!  How VERY inconvenient!

So I have no photos from our day together or the park, but I do have this photo from bath time tonight.  After rolling in, and eating much sand at the park, she was in desperate need of a shower - but she wasn't keen, so once again after some negotiating ...


Eventually, we had a favourable result!

What a great day!

Now, it is absolutely pouring with rain and has been for a good couple of hours.  It should be nice to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.

Today, I am grateful that I was able to get Chicklet home from the park after many failed negotiation attempts.  I love her sooooo much.

Nite all.

No comments: